Velociti is a Technology deployment services company that installs electronic equipment at various buildings, shopping malls, and vehicles.
Velociti receives electronic equipment from manufacturers and either stocks them in their warehouse or directly ships them to customer locations. Velociti has their own and contracted technicians who install the equipment at various locations. Operational data was spread across multiple data silos. Velociti had operational difficulties while maintaining the following:
- Tracking movement of equipment from one place to another.
- Tracking the status of equipment like whether they are in inventory, with the technician, on the site, or already installed.
- Tracking how many pieces of equipment are installed per location/vehicle.
- Tracking the status of work done in each location.
- Informing customers about technicians’ visit after visit dates have been scheduled.
- Generating and sending detailed reports to customers about work done along with required photographs.
- Rating own and contracted technicians for assigning work in the future.
- Searching for a partner who is located near the customer location.
- Providing a self-service portal to customers so that they can track work in their location.
- Sharing data between partners without depending on emails or files.
- Manage contract documents and send reminder notification when the contract is about to expire.
Softsquare helped Velociti leverage Salesforce.com with a custom application to overcome the above challenges. An integrated Salesforce application which can track flow of inventory, status of work, rate the techs before closing work in a location, search for partners near the customer location, real-time data sharing between partners and setting up reminder or informative emails wherever necessary. Softsquare led all the stages of the implementation including architecture, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, training and deployment. Softsquare leveraged Google Maps API for searching partners based on location, DrawLoop for generating customized documents, Salesforce’s customer portal for self-service portal and Salesforce-to-Salesforce feature to share data between partners in real time.
Because of the integrated application and support provided by Softsquare for the last 6 years, Velociti has been effectively managing the work orders that are received on a daily basis.