If an organization has equipment deployed in the field, it requires maintenance and its status needs to be tracked regularly. Asset monitoring is therefore an important part of such organizations.
Velociti is a technology deployment services company that installs electronic equipment to customers across various industries. A key goal of Velociti is to maximize productivity. Their field workforce includes numerous technicians spread across the US installing components in buildings, vehicles, retail outlets, etc.
Since 2010, Softsquare has been delivering work order processing and field service software to Velociti.
Velociti wanted to track the status of all their equipment deployed in the field. They wanted to know the health status of each asset to understand which needed maintenance and the overall asset status including its uptime. They wanted the details to be displayed in a map with counters.
Velociti had already implemented Salesforce platform and all the asset related data were available there.
There were some challenges before implementing the project.
- There was no system or dashboard to present the data
- The data model was complex with multiple objects involved hence complex calculations were required
- The data available was huge exceeding one million rows
- There were Lightning locker service limits to plot information
- There were limitations in the Geomap chart in Einstein Analytics
SOLUTION AND VALUE ADDITION
The Softsquare team decided to leverage a blend of technologies for the solution – Salesforce Einstein, Heroku, Lightning Component and Google Map API to get the desired output. Lightning component was used for dynamic filters and displaying asset details. Heroku was employed to integrate with Google Cluster maps and process data. Salesforce Einstein Analytics was used for crunching data and delivering meaningful insights for KPIs. Some of the salient features of the solution are explained below
- View a variety of KPIs to measure active asset status including their health
- Cluster map displaying asset count Geography wise based on last ping location
- Viewing asset details and service history
Softsquare team went the extra mile by adding this feature.
- Drilling down the details by customer, location, asset type etc.
- Zooming on the map resets the asset counter based on geo-positioning.
The Velociti team was able to track their asset health status and proactively solve maintenance issues. Their overall service value went up by 25%.