Every organization strives to analyze their workforce effectiveness for a variety of reasons ranging from achieving targets to project completion. Our client Velociti was no different.
Velociti is a technology deployment services company providing electronic equipment to various industries to maximize productivity. They work with numerous technicians spread across the US installing components in buildings, vehicles, retail outlets etc.
Since 2010, Softsquare has been delivering work order processing and field service software to Velociti.
Velociti wanted to analyze their technician workforce’s effectiveness – both contractual as well as those on payroll. They also wanted to implement a capacity planning matrix to analyze the performance gaps and take effective measures to reduce the same.
Velociti had already deployed Salesforce and the data for the technician’s worklogs were available in Salesforce platform.
There were some challenges before analyzing the data in the system.
- There was no system or dashboard to calculate the percentage of planned vs actual utilization of the workforce
- The data model was complex with multiple objects hence complex calculations were required
- There were limitations in Salesforce reporting and dashboard creation
- The data available for crunching was huge exceeding one million rows
SOLUTION AND VALUE ADDITION
The Softsquare team decided to employ Salesforce Einstein to address these issues. Salesforce Einstein is a state of the art technology which is adept in crunching data and delivering meaningful insights. The deliverable was a mix of out of box solutions as well as hand coded complex SAQL queries to calculate values combining multiple datasets. Some of the salient features of the solution are explained below.
- The active technicians count analysis dashboard with gaps in project deliverance
- Trend Analysis of performance gaps and technician deliverables
- Achieved vs planned objectives are displayed in a chart
Softsquare team’s value addition was seen through the following additional features.
- Extrapolation of data for computing utilization measures for future dates
- Differentiating Goals based on Technician type
The gaps in project delivery of Velociti was addressed faster and project managers were able to take timely actions based on project priority. The overall customer satisfaction for Velociti went up by 25%.