Coherent is a San Francisco based organization, who are one of the leading providers of laser-based technology across the globe. They offer lasers, laser subsystems and laser machines for commercial, industrial and scientific applications. They cater to a wide range of applications right from cutting steel to microscopic level investigations in biotechnical portfolios.
Coherent were facing some challenges as they were unable to harness the complete power of B2B ecommerce and were losing on some deals in the process. Their major issues are outlined below.
• Partner orders/payments were handled in multiple silos which lead to observed delays in order processing.
• Separate pricing for their partners were not enabled which deeply affected partner relations.
• Partner payments and credit information were handled through emails, letter which had security concerns.
• Online payments were not possible in the existing system which was not advisable in the current scenario.
• Partner registration was a manual process involving multiple calls and emails which delayed the process pipeline.
• Tax calculation for orders were handled separately which lead to tracking issues while handling payments.
SOLUTION AND VALUE ADDITION
When Coherent approached us, a root cause analysis revealed the issues and we implemented the following solutions.
• With Salesforce B2B Commerce, a seamless web buying experience was implemented for the partners.
• Separate pricing implemented for each Account and based on Partner Type helping them leverage the economies of scale.
• Payments are handled through online payment gateways and payment credits are handled through reporting.
• Payment gateway integration is done for improving online payment functionalities.
• Partner registration and approval process is handled through a custom workflow built into B2B Commerce system.
• Tax Calculation, Shipping charge calculation are handled through third party integrations into B2B Commerce.
• B2B Commerce orders, payments information is integrated with Oracle ERP’s Order Management, Account Receivables Module.
There seemed a substantial increase of 40% in partner retention while the new partners were onboarded with a 80% success rate.